Friday, June 3, 2011

Okay, so apparently I am just as bad as Jason when it comes to updating this blog. But I am still trying, we have been very busy lately.

It is mostly becuase I was just trying to get through school. And it all paid off because in December I graduated with my bachelor's degree in Psychology at UVU. My graduation was in April because the school only does one graduation Ceremony. It was really fun, Mom and Dad, Jason and the boys, Mom and Dad, and Steffanie and the girls were all there to support me. It was really fun to have them all there. Afterwards we all went to lunch at Olive Garden. Here are some pictures:
But after that I don't really have much of an excuse. But it has been a lot of fun being at home with the boys full time. They are so much fun! Some things that have been happening lately are, we signed the boys up for t-ball. It was an easter gift. For easter they also got Ben-10 alien watches which they love. But unfortunately they get taken away a lot because they get pretty aggressive when they have them on. For easter they also got baseball gloves and baseballs, and a soccer ball with some cones. On May 1st it was Jason and I's first anniversary, it was really nice. I got Jason a Camera and he got me a new set of scriptures. Which I needed desperately. The one and only other time I had gotten new scriptures was when I was eight years old. He also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I can't believe that it was only a year ago that we got married. In some ways it seems so long ago and in others it seems like it hasn't been long at all. But either way I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband and family and I am very lucky to be so accepted into Jason's family, I am very lucky and blessed to have them in my life. We also got to eat some cake from our wedding, and it still was delicious! Thank you Lisa!

On May 5th was Jason's twenty eighth birthday, he got a new set of scriptures too. It was a lot of fun, I threw him a surprise birthday party at his parents house. His friends all came, and he was so surprised to see them. I will never forget the look on his face when he walked into the house and saw Dave there. He almost seemed offended that Dave would go and visit Mom and Dad and not him. But then Dave said happy birthday and then it all made more sense that Dave was indeed there to see him. So then he looked at me and in shock that I had done something like this with out him even having a suspicion that something was going on. We also got to see Greg and Hilary and their adorable little boy. Tyson was there too. It was a lot of fun to get together with all of them. It doesn't happen nearly as often as we want it to.


On May 8, was mothers day, needless to say I was spoiled way to much during the month of May. Jason bought me a plant that is very pretty, I now I have a plant that will continue to bloom over and over again. He also got me some chocolates and a gift card. The boys each wrote me little notes. They and their father are great blessings in my life. I am lucky to be the mother of such wonderful little boys. We also went to the cemetary to honor a great woman who we will never forget. Adam and Josh's biological mother, she was a great mother to the boys and they miss her very much. My life and the life of our family has been richly blessed by her and her love.



Adam and Joshy's graduation:



The boys have also been going to school. We found this wonderful in home preschool, Miss Misti's and the boys love her and all the friends that they met there. We went on a field trip to the petting zoo, and I got to attend with them. We had a lot of fun petting all the animals and feeding them. We also got to go for a carriage ride with their class. We had a lot of fun. They just had their graduation from there. They really liked being able to show off in front of everyone especially me and Emilee. It was also really nice because Annettes mom and siters came as well. I know that meant alot to Adam and Josh. So school is out and I am trying to come up with some fun things to do with them while summer is going on. If you have any ideas let me know!



The Petting Zoo:




We also got to go to the Frank Vernon Rollins family reunion with mom and dad for memorial day weekend. We had a lot of fun! We went to Mesquite to visit Grandma and Grandpa Byers first. Me and the boys had so much fun spending time with them. We got to hear some stories that I have never heard before about grandma and grandpa's life. It was wonderful to spend time with mom and dad too. The boys and I went bowling with mom and then we got to go swimming with dad and Emilee. They both were really good sports considering mom did not have any socks for the bowling shoes and she went anyway. And dad got into freezing cold water with Adam because the water heater for the pool was broken. I could not get Josh to get in the cold water but the hot tub was just about the temperature you would expect for the pool. So I stayed with Josh in the hot tub while dad spent quite a bit of time with Adam in the freezing water. I am very lucky to have them as my parents and Adam and Josh are lucky to have them as grandparents. At the family reunion we got to play some games, the boys went on a Scavenger hunt and they played some other games. We also did a three legged race with the boys. They also did a raffle and Adam got some sand toys and josh got a new Matchbox car. They were so excited about their toys they wanted ot open them right away and play with them. They had so much fun, but by the time we got home they were so exhausted. They went right to sleep.



Most recently we have been trying to get things all set up for school next year. Adam is going to kindergarten so we filled out all the papers. All that is left for him is he has to get five shots:( and he has to be evaluated in August to see which class he will be in. But Josh is a different story. We have been trying to get him into a preschool that does speech therapy with him at his school. We actually found two but it is quite the process to get him into them. He has had to be evaluated on academics and his speech, and me and Jason have had to fill out all sorts of paper work just for him to be considered. Well I have great news! I just found out today that he will be attending a preschool at the same place that Adam will be attending Kindergarten. I was hoping that he would get in at this one because the speech therapist that we have been working with is awesome. She will be able to continue to work with him now that he is attending this preschool and not the other.


Well thats all folks! Until next time which hopefully will be sooner than later :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

wow! you have been so busy! sounds like everyone is doing well and having fun! congrats on your graduation and of course adam's! anytime you feel like a visit you are more than welcome to come see us!

Stacie said...

Katie, we are the lucky ones to have you. You are a very special person and we all love you tons. I'm super glad that the cake was still good. The boys sound like there having a pretty great yr. Congrats on your graduation. That is a lot of hard work. WE should make a play date with the kids. Now that it's summer we can go to the park. Let us know. Love you guy's.