Monday, September 13, 2010

WOW has it been a long time or what?!?!?

Well since Jason has been such a slacker about keeping this updated, I have taken over and hopefully I can do a better job at it. LOL. I am not making any promises though. A lot has happened over the past months that have had a huge impact on our family.

On October 10, 2009 Adam and Joshua's mother, Annette passed away. She was a good mother and the boys have missed her so much. It is really hard because they really don't understand the plan of salvation and the wonderful opportunity the have to be together with her forever. But we do our best to explain that they will see her again. I never met her but I wish I had, because she has blessed my life so much, by bringing my two boys into my life. I will never forget her and Jason and I hope that we can help the boys to never forget her either.

In december our two little boys had surgery to have their four front teeth removed. They both had bottle rot, which my dad said was more painful for them to have their teeth in, than to have them taken out. Those poor boys, they could only eat really soft foods for a few days. But they have learned to eat without those teeth. Sometimes it is hard to remember the struggles that they will have eating certain things. Like one day I almost gave them corn on the cob... can imagine trying to eat that without your front teeth?

Later on in December, on December 26, 2009 to be exact, Jason and I got engaged! Jason was so sweet, he took me and the boys to the Olive Garden (which is my favorite restaurant)where we had dinner, then he took us to walk around the provo temple. But unfortunately the gates were closed, plus on top of that we were freezing. But anyway we were looking at the temple when Jason asked me to turn around. So I did a little confused. Then all of a sudden Adam and Josh came running around me with a rose each and they handed them to me and told me that they loved me. Then I turn around to see where Jason was, and there he was on one knee, when he told that he loved me and then popped the question, he also had roses in his hand, he had four, and he told me that there was one for each of us in our family. So sweet!

In March Joshy had surgery again, :(. This time he had to get his tonsils and adenoids removed, and tubes in his ears. But he was so excited because he could be twinners with his cousin Emma, who had them out a couple weeks earlier. He had to stay in the hospital for a few days because he wasn't drinking enough fluids. which is all he could have really, he could have soft food but he didn't really eat any. When he got out, he was so happy, he hates the hospital. But a week later he was so dehydrated, so he had to go in and get an IV. He hated every second of it, but as of today he has not had any more issues with it.

On May 1, 2010, Jason and I were married for time and all eternity in the Provo temple. It was the best day of my life, to be married to the man I love. It was even better because of all the family that came to be with us. Jason's grandparents came from Nevada, and Ashlee and Ben and Emma were able to come too! It was great! It was the first time that we had met Emma, she was so much fun. She really liked Jason, it was really cute,she kept coming up and hugging him. So adorable.

Anyway, some of the things that we have been up to are, Jason is busy working at Harmons where he is the Bakery Manager, he is doing a wonderful job. And we really appreciate how hard he works. I am currently in school, I am going to get my bachelors from UVU in December. Adam and Josh are going to preschool too. They love it, they really like their teachers.

I just got a call from a speech pathologist for Joshy and they want to do an evaluation on wednesday to see if he qualifies. I hope he does, I feel that he needs it, he is doing a lot better since the tubes have been put in but people still are having a hard time understanding him. It is sad though because I will miss how he talks it is so cute! Also Joshy is potty training now. He has done really well, but he has had a really hard time since he started school.

Adam is turning 5 on Sunday! He is so big, and he loves super heroes so we got him a spiderman cake. We hope he likes it. We haven't gotten him any gifts, he asked my dad for a watch and gramps can't say no. So he will get a watch soon LOL. Adam doesn't know this but he gets to see Grandpa and Grandma Byers, (Jason's grandparents) too. I know he will be excited when he finds out that they will be here for his birthday.

1 comment:

Steffanie said...

I'm so excited that you took over the blog!!!